Sunday, January 19, 2014

the twenty eighth.

One of the reasons I went to Bangkok was because it was a good opportunity to see what the political fuss was all about. Although one could find various photographs around the net, I figured it was a good way to see whether I could try 'covering' an event. 


Suthep speaking at the rally. Yes, there were tons of people. I was told that there were three camps that were gathering. This picture was camp 1, the one with the main stage. Upon estimation, I could count approximately a few hundred thousand people gathered in close proximity to camp 1. At camp 1, it was peaceful. No problems.



There were shops selling stuff by the side, ranging from food stuff to t-shirts and whistles.


Still part of camp 1, see the tents? People were camping out and listening to Suthep


 
I found this photo while walking around the camps. So far, the most outspoken tent of all.


More camps and people looking at the TV screen. The following two pictures were of two separate groups. There were tons of such groups scattered around camps 1 and 2.



Yes, people slept here. On the cloth, and plastic sheets.



In support for Shutdown Bangkok! Every other shop sold shirts like these.



I was told that these girls were from a university selling shirts to passer-bys. They were all volunteers and not earning a wage for it.





No comments:

Post a Comment